My family's favorite Chicken Fried Rice I cook.


Chicken Fried Rice Recipe


Ingredients:
Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (1-2)      
Instant Rice (2-4 Cups or ~1 cup per person)
Eggs (2-4)
Soy Sauce (1/4 cup for boiling rice)
Water (for boiling rice)
Canola Oil (3-4 Tablespoons)


Cooking Instructions:
I prefer to use an electric Wok or Skillet to fry my ingredients, but a regular skillet would work.
In a pot boil water minus the ¼ cup for the soy sauce.  Example 1 ¾ water plus ¼ soy sauce for 2 cups rice.
While the waiting for the water to boil, cut the chicken breasts up into small (1/4 inch) pieces.
Heat the canola oil in the wok or skillet.  I set my wok on 300 degrees.
Once the water and soy sauce has come to a boil, stir in the rice, cover and set aside.
Fry the chicken pieces in the oil till golden brown and then remove from the oil. (I set mine on a paper towel in a bowl or plate).
Occasionally fluff and stir the rice.
Crack eggs and fry in the oil mixing them good.
Once the eggs are cooked through, add back the fried chicken pieces.
The rice should be ready.
I turn the heat up to 350-400 degrees to get the oil really hot.
Add the rice in and stir up good.
Fry the rice continually stirring until it forms a golden brown.
Careful because the rice will stick to the bottom.

Total prep and cook time about 20 minutes.
The instant rice in soy sauce takes about 5 minutes to boil and then 5 minutes to set up.
The chicken takes about 5 minutes to fry and the eggs 2-3 minutes.
It takes about 5-10 minutes to fry the rice mixed with the eggs and chicken.
I like to add some more soy sauce into the mixture of rice, chicken, and egg while I am frying.

My family does not care for vegetables in their fried rice, but many people will add carrots, corn, peas, green beans, or other vegetables to fry in the oil and rice.


Stay tuned for my Crab Rangoon and Chicken Stir Fry Recipes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NextGen® (formerly Mirth) Connect 3.7.0 HL7 Integration Engine new installation on Server 2016 with Microsoft SQL Express 2017

Why not buy a Celeron? Computer Hardware System 3a